– Kryptonite Monster of the Week: another one obsessed with Lana. / LSH connection: Chameleon Boy! Tina Greer masquerading as Lex during a bank robbery.
– Clark gains X-ray vision – you can see him blinking his eyes in the very first scene. / again, powers developing with puberty (like when he gets heat vision later), but maybe also with the discovery that he’s an alien. Almost like his mind/body is forcing the issue subconsciously. I like that notion. Especially with how they deal with his “Kryptonian” side later.
– Clark doesn’t mention that he saw the green radiation in the x-ray
– Lex visits the Kents / gives a bit of sass to Pa about people’s opinions of Lex / Lex: “I promise I’m not a criminal mastermind” – obvious dialogue for the future of Lex.
– More creepy Clark when his X-Ray kicks in towards the girls’ locker. / only in a tv show would every girl have matching underwear.
– Kents giving Clark help on how to manage his new power
– Lost Boys theatre movie poster
– Tina tries to kill Martha looking like Clark / with all these Kryptonite Monsters of the Week, I forget if we ever see someone not be “evil”. Could explain it with this just how K affects humans. / With so much of it spread around Smallville, practically everyone could be susceptible to the radiation one way or another.
– Lana going through her mother’s belongings / a snow globe. I think that visual comes back later, something with snow. / learns about some truths about her mom growing up as a teen / Laura Lang / “I never made a difference here, but maybe my children can”- pretty much the motto of Clark, Lana, even Lex in a way.
– Lex has a juvenile record / Metropolis Inquisitor. Smallville Ledger.
– Tina as Lana to Clark: “It’s like having a dual identity. There’s the person that everybody sees and the person you want to be.”
– Lana comes to Chloe to track down her mother’s graduation speech from 1977. She was 17 at the time. / first Lana and Chloe scene outside of the guys?
– Lex and his blackmailer – Lex shows that he IS a criminal mastermind. / And then he turns the tables and “hires” the guy to investigate how he survived the bridge car accident.
– Daily Planet mention!
– Clark trying his x-ray power on the lead box Lex gave him. / Lana asks Clark what he would ask his biological parents: “What happened? Why did they let him go? How to make sense of all the strangeness in his life” – more orphan connections here
– Clark is surprisingly not phased by Tina’s mom’s dead body
– Tina vs Clark – interesting to see what happens when he’s up against someone who has strength in these early stages / although he has trouble with the coffin lid that trapped Lana
– Tina Greer knows about Clark even though she’s put away. / another antagonist loose end.
– Clark understands Tina’s frustration about having a secret gift – seeing other people able to be normal. Wanting to be someone else. / Ma knows clark likes Lana / more creepy Clark looking at Whitney and Lana kiss.
Next episode: Cool!