- Lana checking Clark out. Clark missing their talks. I thought they were supposed to be friends?!
- Whitney’s been missing for a month
- The necklace is back!
- Whoa wait. It’s the real Whitney! In Indonesia. I didn’t think we would see him again.
- Damn Smallville. Trying to blow him up real good.
- writers Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer / director Bill Gereghty
- Chloe: “One by one our heroes are being defrocked”. Episode setup clue
- This is a busy Smallville High hallway scene compared to previous shots.
- That’s not Whitney
- Ha! Clark leaves Lana’s books on the ground.
- Pa being all patriotic. Saying Clark has to go to Lana’s party for Whitney.
- Whitney: “Some of my memory was wiped out”. Yup. It’s not him.
- Uh oh. Helen Bruce has a secret partnership with Lionel. Probably isn’t what it seems compared to Whitney’s situation. These episodes like to double up themes or show opposites.
- Whitney goes all ragey on Clark. He’s still not that great of an actor.
- Ooop. Okay. If you didn’t know by now, that scene should be enough proof.
- Imposter Whitney trying to get Lana to move in with him. The show never really talks about their age gap does it?
- Lex: “People are seldom who they appear to be”
- Clark x-ray’s Whitney. Is he a robot? Oh damn!!! It’s Tina Greer! From 01:04 X-Ray! Haha. Nice surprise there. I thought the fellow soldier took over Whitney’s form somehow in the explosion. Nice twist.
- again. They should come to the realization about Whitney and Tina sooner after everything that has happened.
- Oooop. Tina has Lana put the beat down on Pete. Why didn’t he call out to Clark?
- Ah there it is. The legality of the relationship between Lana and Whitney. It’s in one small bit of dialogue when “he” asks her to marry him.
- Haha. John Schneider playing as Tina.
- Such a small piece of kryptonite to knock Clark out. I always question the immediacy of the poisoning. Why can’t he grab and throw it?
- Kate from Lost at the Talon!
- The ship just woke up!! And knocked out the kryptonite necklace. Whaaaat?
- Oh this scene is creepy considering Allison Mack’s future.
- Another Clark/Lana kiss where one of them isn’t what they seem.
- See Lana! Start listening to your friends! You just went thru the double thing with Ian. Why wouldn’t you think it could be a possibility that something is going on when everyone is acting weird! This is the part of the episode to episode watch that is frustrating.
- Lana knocked out again!!
- Clark Vs Clark! This had to be fun to film.
- “I’m going to kick your ass Kent!” Hah. This fight is outrageous
- Dead Tina.
- Ooop. Whitney really is dead. Died in combat
- Clark wondering if he could have the same courage without his powers. Ew. Don’t compare to Whitney.
- No question about the ship?!
- Lex and Helen make up. Surprisingly I don’t really have any connection here. It just feels like they have to put Lex in every episode so this is how they handle that for this chapter.
- Mad World? Love this song.
- Oh no the caves. Blehhhh.
- Lana sad that everyone leaves her. Even Whitney. What? Girl he died! What the heck. Selfish much?
- Okay at least we get some forward momentum out of Lana and Clark by her recognizing that Clark is always there for her.
- fun episode. Nice Smallville callbacks while resolving the Whitney story. And also the Tina loose end. Ending gets a little sappy but overall not bad.
Next episode: Insurgence!