- Lex strung up like a proper comic book intro
- 3 years ago – Lex was 18/19? / Zero Consequences club
- Fight in the club almost Hamlet like / Lex gets stabbed as referenced in a previous ep. But how did it really go down?
- Surprising how the club scene – filmed back in 2001/2 – is more authentic than some I’ve seen in Arrow filmed a decade later.
- Dead fiancé back to life
- Yes! First time the main theme segues beautifully off the last moment of the prologue. Gunshot to first chord. Nicely timed. I rewatched this a few times.
- Mark Verheiden teleplay / story by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar / Michael Katleman director – important episode to have the creators write the story. Maybe because of all the Lex flashback stuff? Clark origin mystery? Even Lana and Chloe developments.
- one week earlier. Flashback trope!
- School project – Chloe has to write about Clark. That’s trouble in the making
- Talon is opening soon
- Jude Royce is back looking for Lex / and of course Clark gets involved
- Chloe interviews the Kents / who have secrets about how they went about making up Clark’s adoption process
- Lana: growing out of and shedding that fairy princess rep from the Pilot. Her theme for the season.
- Jude sends the bodyguard’s hand to the Talon as a warning
- Lana was told by Jude: “everything Lex touches ends badly”
- Chloe still digging into Clark’s past / Clark hates peas / Pete has known him the longest. Apparently back in 1st grade Clark pushes a bully through a door.
- Chloe tells Clark he was the only one adopted from an agency that was only open for 6 months / Metropolis United Charities / Clark doesn’t know this story and is not happy / “I’m not some mystery for you to solve” – he’s right. Chloe is being intrusive in this. She doesn’t come off well in this.
- Oh look Sam Phelan! Cooking a cover up to the events 3 years ago
- Clark arrives / being just as nosy as Chloe but trying to help a friend
- Pa is evasive about how they managed to work the adoption. Even though it’s legal he says. Lionel?
- What the heck – dead cows
- LuthorCorp being framed for the dead cows. / the Club Zero secrets have come to the Kents now and Clark isn’t happy about it.
- The Kents aren’t happy. Even Ma Kent can’t defend Lex this time when it comes to Clark.
- Lex gets Lexnapped
- Chloe is dropping digging into Clark’s origins / Clark wonders about his biological parents every day
- Now Chloe is showing hacker skills
- We reach where the ep opened / Wait. Is that the plumber?
- Amanda had a brother in Central City. She committed suicide.
- So who is Jude? A random double found in a greasy spoon in Bludhaven! Two larger DCU cities mentioned in one ep
- Wow. No kryptonite involved this episode
- So all of this was to cover that Amanda killed Jude
- Clark saves the day without anyone seeing / Lex asks how he found him. / I mean he’s always there. I know that’s the point of the show but still.
- Talon opens. / Clark gives Lana a picture of the Talon that belonged to his grandfather. Third mention.
- Lots of mentions of secrets, pasts, etc in the whole ep
- Lex: “The truth is I’d do anything to protect my friends”
- Chloe doesn’t delete the adoption info she learned about Clark.
- Zero title: The club. Lack of info on Clark’s past. Even countdown to the Talon opening.
Next episode: Nicodemus!