- Clark’s first time in Metropolis / notice the TD Bank building which is a good clue that this is a major city in Canada
- Clark is looking at a chest plate with a snake emblem shaped in a form of an S. All blue red and gold/yellow. Worn by Alexander the Great / design symbolizes strength and courage
- Clark: “can’t exactly see myself going into battle with that on my chest” – oh really?
- Lex is “Interested in people who ruled the world before they were 30”
- Lex again trying to set up Lana and Clark / “keep your friends close and the quarterback closer.”
- Victoria Hardwick. An old friend of Lex’s
- Clark stops a runaway bus from hitting someone / and a crooked cop sees it all. / Clark seems surprised that he was able to stop the bus with just his body. This may be the biggest thing he’s done to date with his abilities.
- Mark Verheiden writer / David Carson director
- The Kents make sure to praise Clark for saving someone after being worried someone might have seen him. Making sure they are recognizing his heroic nature.
- Ooooo Chloe is not happy when Lana comes in. She throws daggers at Clark at the way he immediately fawns over Lana. Great subtle moment that could be easily missed.
- Principal Kawn: “Meteor rocks are harmless”. Noooope. / Chloe fired from the Torch
- Of course Lex knows the crooked cop Sam Phelan / trying to get info on Clark
- Pa: “we’re not going to let this thing change us.”
- Phelan to Pa about Clark: “His natural instinct to get involved” – spot on observation
- Lana is made editor of the Torch. And Chloe is not happy. Bad enough Lana has Clark but now she’s taken the Torch
- Victoria and Lex want to take both of their parents’ companies.
- Phelan tells Clark that Lex is no saint. / Clark turns the tables on what Phalen wants him to do.
- Rogue cop. Rich kids going Rogue. Even Clark going Rogue from the advice of his parents.
- Phelan sets up the Kents for the doublecross / Clark tries to stop the cops from taking Pa. tense moment
- Clark punches a beam out of anger. First time we see emotionality like that?
- Is the actor playing Phelan trying to do a Michael Keaton “let’s get nuts” impression?
- Welling’s face expresses rage well. He’s like a puppy that can go from playful to rage with a complete change of face.
- Lana gives Clark a pep talk. Orphan to orphan. Nice touch her helping him this time.
- Damn Smallville police. Putting Pa in jail for an obvious murder set up
- Clark: “I wanted to kill him. I was close”
- Lex asks Clark what Phelan has on him / Clark to Lex: “he told me you have secrets” / little bit of doubt entering their friendship for the first time.
- Phelan wants Clark to swipe the breastplate
- Faster than a speeding bullet! It’s a slightly odd effect, but Clark’s realization of just how fast he is is nice to see
- Lex tries to get Phelan’s info on Clark. But he says go to hell and dies. Lex again has more ammo for wanting to know more about Clark.
- Chloe gets her job back and maybe her and Lana can be friends
- The first episode not to center around Kryptonite for once.
- Lex has video footage from the museum of a speeding blur – although Phelan said all the cameras were disabled.
Next episode: Shimmer!