- three months later
- A death video for Clark from Chloe to find out what happened to her
- Crazy storm. Clark returns.
- Is this similar to Superman the Movie? Spending time with Jor-El to learn?
- Lois smokes – because of her father. Just like the movie
- “Who are you?” “Lois. Lois Lane”
- Okay even though I remembered this opening it still worked on me.
- New title song images. Including spoilers for this season!
- Jensen Ackles but no Erica Durance?
- Writers Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. Directed by Greg Beeman. All the big guns.
- whoa. Lex alive. Just like that. All in white and playing Indiana Jones. And now Kryptonian symbols are all across the world.
- Kryptonian alphabet: This is the First Crystal of Knowledge
- Clark at the hospital. Red blanket of course
- Upping the beefcake now that Lois is here. It’s only fair.
- Ew. Lana has a type for sure
- Jason. Jensen Ackles.
- Pa in a coma for three months. Huck Finn is his favorite.
- Doctor Harden again.
- Kal to Lois: “You talk a lot.” Haha.
- Lois meets Martha
- “I’m waiting for the sign.”
- Lex’s blood needs to be purified every 72 hours. Yikes.
- Pa calls the barn Clark’s fortress of solitude
- Clark: “I was in a place that felt like home”
- About Pa: “He tried to prevent me from being reborn”
- Dr. Vaughan, Lex’s doctor
- A crystal inside the artifact. And it triggers Clark
- ANOTHER Kryptonian artifact: a key. The ship’s heart. Jor-El’s amulet. The star blade. And now a Crystal or gem.
- Always dug this moment. Clark goes all Matrix
- Hahaha. No flying what???
- Ah I see. Because Clark and Lex aren’t friends anymore they need a new cute meet. A new bridge crash moment to bring them together. That’s what the airplane scene is for Lex. A new obsession just like surviving the porsche
- Jason Teague
- Countess Margaret Isobel Thoreaux. Is this the new Smallville 61? Unheard of ancestors? Or the start of Veritas?
- Looks like Lana. Has a necklace like the Kryptonian necklace. Symbol on the shield. So is this connected to Lana or just happenstance?
- What the heck. Lana zapped. Ah. Right. I think I remember this.
- Martha trying to call Virgil possibly?
- Lois: “Give me a nerd with glasses”
- Erica is a little eager in her acting.
- Lionel is being released in two weeks
- “What is it? A bird? A plane?”
- Clark’s initial size against the plane seems off
- How much did Lex see?
- Margot kidder!!! Bridgette Crosby!
- “You don’t know anything about my son.” That look on Kidder’s face in response. The closest we get to an acknowledgement of a larger Superman metaverse beyond just using similar actors. This is like the multiverse before Crisis. Almost like Kidder would turn and say Shut up, Lana. Or, I knew you in a different reality.
- “You’re right. I don’t know Clark”. Or at least – not this Clark
- “But I do know what it’s like to love someone whose calling is greater than your own.” This is great casting and great meta dialogue.
- “In a different lifetime.”
- “Because he flew. He has completely embraced his Kryptonian destiny”
- Crusade symbol
- “Only challenge to a father’s will is a mother’s love”
- Black Kryptonite. Wtf???
- Three relics hidden around the world. When United they point the way to a treasury of knowledge. Where is this coming from?
- Apparently Lionel has been looking for these for the past 2 years. This is like a new hunt to replace the caves. Like the caves weren’t working so we’re going a new route. A new chase.
- “Apparently I’m not ordinary.” Still pushing that Lex is above average in health
- Oh gross. The caves again.
- One symbol found and placed into a table in the caves. One down two to go.
- Naked Lana now. Both going thru a destiny thing.
- black Kryptonite separates Clark’s two natures. There’s the Kal side with the Superboy Prime scar and the Clark side.
- Pa Kent wakes up! Maybe Jor-El was keeping him in a coma.
- So many new elements. Pretty cool for a season opener. Trying to push the series to new roads. Building on before but needing to push beyond.
- Clark about flying: “If I can do that maybe I’m capable of anything.” That’s the look Pa once gave Clark when they talked about flying before. Just how powerful is his potential?
- Martha held on and saved them.
- Tramp stamp
- Ha! Lionel was expecting Martha Kent. He was trying to make himself presentable. But it’s Lois.
- Lois and Lionel
- “Try to have a little more than righteous indignation.” Lois gives a look like she will bring the facts from now on. Lionel just set her on her journalistic streak for answers.
- Lois slings it back. If it wasn’t Lionel then who was it and why? And are they setting up Lionel?
- Chloe Sullivan: 1987-2004
- The real Clark meets Lois this time.
- They have pretty good chemistry so far
- X-ray that coffin Clark. “Chloe’s still alive!”
Next episode: Gone!