- Ryan returns from 01:16 Stray. He’s being tested on. Is that meteor juice in the IV?
- Dr Garner played by Martin Cummins. Geek TV includes: MANTIS! Dark Angel. Painkiller Jane. V. And Sheriff Tom Keller on Riverdale! Thought he looked familiar.
- Can you really crawl thru vents? Die Hard. Stranger Things
- Ryan remembers phone numbers and calls the Kents. He’s being held at the Summerholt Institute
- Ew, needle in the head
- Awkward transition to the theme song
- Writer Philip Levens who wrote Stray as well / director Terrence O’Hara – worked on season 1 Reaper and Obscura
- Edge City mention
- The Mayor of Smallville played by William B. Davis, the Cigarette Smoking Man!
- Lex trying to do things properly but the Mayor has other ideas
- It’s Nell again! Ohhh here we go. She’s moving to Metropolis and wants Lana to go with. Won’t be seeing her much anymore.
- Clark: “Ryan’s like a little brother to me.” But only when an episode needs him to be.
- Of course Clark comes to the Institute / was that a Twister game carpet?
- How did Clark get out of there with no one seeing?
- Of course they go to Lex / No one knows Ryan has powers.
- What was Ryan going to tell Clark? Something about Lex?
- Lex asking my questions. Calls Clark the luckiest guy he ever met. Yup.
- Uh oh. It’s Sheriff Ethan. Clark in trouble with the law. Again! Seriously – he has to have a potential rap sheet by now.
- Ryan about his aunt: “She couldn’t accept the fact that I was different” – a connection to feelings Clark has had.
- Lex to the rescue
- This is all like a path that Clark’s life could’ve taken – but the episode doesn’t really reference that outside of sad looks by Clark
- So much camaraderie for a kid no one talks about
- Vonray at the Talon singing Inside Out
- Ryan spilling all the secrets: Apparently Pete is stressed over Clark’s secret. And Lana moving to Metropolis
- Kristin Kreuk is a mouth actor
- Martha has a secret?? Whaaat?
- Fantasy Comics Warrior Angel in a homage to Action 1 of course
- Oh no! He bled on Warrior Angel issue 107! No more near mint!
- Scene Transition from domino mask to Clark’s face. Feels outdated and super obvious.
- Clark has a fear of flying. I think it was a fear of heights in previous episodes.
- Ryan’s dying. And no one can SAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE. Sorry. I should be more sympathetic but ehn. Another quiet episode that’s decently produced but I’m not invested in Ryan as a character.
- Clark: “I can’t help Ryan. What kind of hero is that?”
- Pa: “We have to pray for the best”
- Child emancipation for Lana
- Hub City mention
- Lex falls onto the potential for Ryan to have ESP powers. But cagey Clark doesn’t spill the beans
- Lex again stepping up giving Clark good advice about spending time with Ryan
- Issue #66. Devilicus and Warrior Angel were once friends.
- Ryan: “Why do you think Devilicus went bad?” / Lex: “the road to darkness is a journey not a light switch.” / “You should remember that Lex.”
- Clark just ran to Hub City. Perhaps the farthest he’s traveled? 400 miles? Running effects not quite polished just yet.
- Dr Burton
- Mayor Tate. Lex is going after him politically
- Mayor: “Outside interests controlling this community.” Like Morgan Edge in the current Superman & Lois.
- Lana is going to stay with Chloe
- Hot air balloon. I guess Clark got over his fear of heights.
- Ryan wants Clark to look after Lex and to never give up. Motivation that I doubt will come up again.
- Lyric: “Are we ever, are we ever gonna learn to fly”
- Ryan dies and life goes on. I’ll be surprised if we hear a mention of the character again.
- Totally fine episode. I just don’t connect with this small addition to Clark’s Smallville origin.
Next episode: Dichotic!