- great opening.
- Is the ship going to Clark? / the key separates from the ship
- I don’t remember this opening at all / How did Clark get up to the truck?
- Jonathan is going primal on Nixon. This is his family at stake. / even in his rage Pa steps up and saves Nixon from falling trailer house
- Jonathan Glover added to the opening credits!
- Story by Gough & Millar / Philip Levens teleplay / Greg Beeman director
- New this season: Consulting Producer: Jeph Loeb. Who had wrapped up his Superman run by this time.
- Tom Welling showing great energy in his desperation as Clark to get Lana some help / there’s Rekha Sharma again
- How did the ship fit through the storm cellar staircase?
- Lionel possibly losing his legs
- Chloe asks Lana what happened. Apparently Lana got a tan while in the hospital
- While Clark is looking for Pa, Lex tells him how he hesitated in saving his own dad / this is almost like a confession from Lex
- Nixon to Jonathan: “you’re just a small man whose son’s destiny is too big for you to comprehend. Clark doesn’t belong to you. He belongs to the world.” I mean. He’s not wrong.
- Clark to Lex: “I’m starting to wonder if what my dad says about you is true.” / Clark overhears Lex talking to Nixon. Finally! Clark listens to his suspicion about Lex. / “I don’t have time for this.” Clark finally reacting to Lex’s constant duplicity.
- Lana to Clark: “is that really what happened?” Lana knows there was more to her rescue
- Ma grounding Clark about people wanting to exploit him and carrying the burden of his gifts alone someday. Seems like Jonathan gives him a base and Ma shows him the many paths of a situation
- Lots of lead around Pa.
- Nixon to Pa: “Since the beginning of time people have been looking up at the stars and wondering what’s out there? Clark is the answer that they have been waiting for.” / that’s similar to Man of Steel dialogue from Pa about “You’re the answer, son. You’re the answer to “are we alone in the universe”.
- Lex straight up tells Clark that Nixon approached him with info about the Kents.
- Cave in on Pa and Nixon / of course there’s kryptonite! It’s everywhere!!
- Now Lana has questions about her car accident the same way Lex did in season 1
- Always cool to see a Lana and “Lana” scene / Ma tells Lana she made one wish come true the day of the meteor shower: Clark. Even Clark doesn’t know that story. Good scene.
- Chloe wants to just stay friends with Clark. But she’s lying and it backfires on her. She knows the truth now. Off to pout with Pete. / Pete gets sacrificed because Clark has other friends.
- Pa tells Nixon about the first time Clark used his abilities as a toddler. It’s basically the Golden Age scene of baby Clark lifting the crib in the orphanage.
- Pretty sure I saw purple undies hanging on the trailer. That’s an odd prop placement.
- Haha. Nixon is going to carry Clark if he has to for evidence
- Yooooo. That jump from Pa onto Nixon. That’s Lost series finale Jack jumping on Locke level! So good.
- Lex kills Nixon. When the gun went off I almost thought it was Ma. / of course it’s Lex. Covering loose ends. And he’s the only one who could get away with it.
- “You were like super mom”. Clark realizing how strong Ma is / Pa talks about how close he was to killing Nixon and what pulled him back.
- “One of them is lying son.” / “Which one tried to kill you. Which one saved your life.”
- Pa finally thanks Lex for saving him. A fresh start. Uh oh. That won’t end well.
- Chloe pouting.
- Clark talks to Pa about the twister experience. / “I felt like I was willing myself to do it. Felt like I was flying” / oh good! I thought only Ma experienced Clark’s flying power. At least there’s a taste for Jonathan of just how much more powerful Clark can become. You can see it on Pa’s face.
- Lionel still trying to excuse his actions toward Lex as a teaching lesson / and Lionel reveals he’s blind. And that Lex should’ve left him die. / is Lionel really blind? This is like Lex going bald from the events of the storm.
- Lana sums it up nicely. “These events change you. Wipes out your illusions. You discover things about yourself.” / all of the cast comes out of these events altered
- Lana’s looking for answers. And knows Clark is hiding something. And now their relationship is about Clark hiding from her even though she wants him to tell him everything
- Lana to Clark: “You can’t hide out here forever” – the clock is ticking for these two.
- The ship is in a corn field! All of Lex’s evidence is gone.
Next episode: Heat!