Previews for March 2014
Recommendations from the January Previews for comics and collections mostly shipping in March.
It’s a new year with a new batch of upcoming comics. Hit the individual pictures for more information on the comics. I’ll now be adding links when I can to various creators to showcase their work.
OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS:
– Congrats to Rebekah Isaacs (www.rebekahisaacs.com) for graduating to the big book as she takes over the art for Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10.
– With issue #29, Jeff Lemire will close out his run on Animal Man and provide the majority of the art. I look forward to a full read someday. You can read about his decision here:
– Forever Evil #7 brings DC’s event to a close. With two new weeklies coming up – Futures End and Batman Eternal – and with how much I enjoy weeklies (for the most part), I got some major catching up to do with DC’s New 52.
– JSA Omnibus Vol.1 HC: This collection features one of the best ongoing DC series, so I hope it gets completed after this volume. It collects almost a third of the main series, the Justice Society Returns fifth week event that preceded it, JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, various specials and secret files, etc. I’ve always meant to pick up where CGS left off in its JSA Footnotes series.
– The Transformers Dark Cybertron story event ends with a Phil Jimenez cover featuring my favorite character: Shockwave. I think I still have the toy after all these years (is it any wonder purple is still my favorite color). Some of the reviews I’ve read aren’t favorable, but I might read it just for kicks. I also got a kick out of seeing the Bill Sienkiewicz-inspired cover to Regeneration One #100. Nice touch.
– All-New Ghost Rider #1
– Avengers Undercover #1. The continuation of Avengers Arena. I wasn’t feeling the earliest issues of AArena, but I kept with it, enjoyed it more, and I still have a few more issues to read now that it’s wrapped up. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes.
– Early issues of New Avengers had an Identity Crisis echo to it and now Rags Morales is coming on as artist . That really doesn’t mean anything – I just like the loose connection.
– X-Men Legacy #300. An anniversary issue that I hope doesn’t lose the push that the main series has had since Legion took over. X-Men Gold was a hot mess. Hopefully this one is better.
That’s it for this month.