- it’s like the origin of Doctor Strange here. Crushed hands and all.
- Justin. And Dr Wells?! Before there was a Wells in the Flash.
- Oh damn. That was gruesome. Bye bye hands.
- Adam Brody before the OC. Also plays the adult Captain Marvel Jr. superhero in the Shazam! movie
- uh oh. Important ep? Philip Levens, Gough & Millar as writers. James Marshall Director
- career day. Clark is told: “I see you in the uniform flying.”
- Mayor Siegel
- Metropolis Police with the S shield design
- Daily Planet booth complete with a small version of the globe
- Chloe: “Whenever Lex or Lana are around it’s like the rest of us don’t exist” / “You’re from some distant Galaxy that I’ve never even heard of”
- Even Pete has to explain that Chloe likes him. But Clark already knows that? Maybe he doesn’t know to what level.
- Justin was a cartoonist for the Torch
- Lillian Luthor grave. 1951-1993. / who is Pamela? Don’t remember her.
- At this point Clark should just immediately suspect a guy who has news clippings of someone’s death
- Clark and Lana talking about Chloe. Clark thinks they could be more than friends. Really? / Lana seems jealous / says “sometimes the right person can be right in front of your eyes and you never even know it” / they are lying to each other!!
- Wait – now he can control pencils?? KMOTW! Tellus? Kinetix? Hmmm.
- I mean, he’s not wrong Clark.
- Pamela Jenkins was Lex’s caretaker while his mom was sick.
- Look at Whitney being nice to Clark / just when Lana is probably thinking she should get out
- Another Clark/Lana scene. No wonder this is written by the creators. Pushing Clark and Lana potential hard
- come on Chloe. He said he has a crush. Run!
- Uh oh. Kwan’s son is in trouble
- Savior complex! Clark’s characterization called out by Chloe
- Is this meteor related at all somehow?
- Oh damn. Dead principal?? Buffy used to go through principals too
- nooooo. Not men are from Mars women are from Venus book. Noooo.
- What settlement Lex?
- Lionel wants to sell Cadmus. Is that why it doesn’t play that big of a part in the show? I can’t remember
- Yup. The son did it.
- And Yup. Chloe finds Justin’s death comic. Weird how his art style constantly changes
- Okay. This is more like Carrie
- another fall for Chloe where she gets hurt. Horseshoe to the head! Damn! Why is he so evil?? Where is this coming from?
- Another object destroyed on Clark. The 4th or 5th time?
- At this point in his career, Clark is all about throwing his victims rather than punching
- Yet another loose end with Justin who is put in a psych ward. Lots of these season 1 KMOTW could come back to cause Clark trouble later.
- Pamela is dying. Lex said he only loved her and his mom. More secrets revealed to put a wedge between Lex and Lionel? Even in this early episode it’s clear that Pamela and Lionel had a thing. More to come in later seasons.
- Clark and Chloe make a date! And Lana isn’t happy.
- Uh oh. Whitney’s dad died. Just when Lana was going to break up.
- Smallville funeral #1! Rain. Time after time music. This becomes a Smallville staple. Kinda sad actually.
- Clark standing by an angel statue in the rain as Lana looks on. Just like the scene from the Pilot. Chloe sees it too. The Clark/Lana coupling put on hold again. The love triangle continues.
- Crush. Chloe’s crush on Clark. Lana’s crush on Clark. What Justin does to his victims.
Next episode: Obscura!